Hey There Beautiful People!
We all ohhhh and ahhhh over our favorite celebrities and their fashion choices. Unfortunately, as young christians we don’t have a lot of people to look up to who keep it stylish and COVERED. Fortunately we do have Gospel superstar Kierra Sheard. Kierra is one of the few that gives us relevant fashion without being trashy or suggestive. I’ve noticed that she is a big fan of Color Blocking and Bright Colors. If you wanna get the Kierra Sheard look follow these tips:
- Shapers are Key: Any good look starts with a Good Foundation. A good shaper keeps everything smooth and in place
- Lots of color and prints: It is rare you see kierra wearing one color head to toe and if she does she definitely adds something with the accessories
- Accessories are a Must: Judging by the many pictures she post on instagram (@khloedrew) This fashionsta is in love with unique earrings, and Gold necklaces and bangles.
- Heels, High Heels: Yes you can bet on seeing kierra in a pair of flats but it’s her pumps that make a statement
- Try Something Different: Kiki Officially became my fashion Shero when she stepped out looking amazing wearing a BOLD BLUE LIP. The big tip I have for trying something bold and different is to be confident in your decision.
Fashion is fun, don’t take it so seriously. In the end if you don’t like it you can just take it off. Remember, it’s ok to be inspirerd by someone, but remember to put your own spin on things. Peace, Love, and Blessings Beautiful People!!!!!!!!
P.S. Where is this Mamajik clothing line at?I was excited to see her stuff!!!!!!!
Filed under beauty, Chic, church, clothing, CREATIVE, fashion, gospel, jewelry, kierra sheard, kierra sheard, lipstick, love, makeup, music, shopping, Singer, Style, Uncategorized
Soon many will be going back to school/ starting a new school. For many people that means back to school clothes shopping. Most Love this time of year, and a few weirdo’s (lol j/k) hate it. Just to make it easier i’ve compilled my own back to school shopping guide with a list of stores and a couple of key pieces
Citi Trends: Think Burlington, or Ross. Great fashion at great Prices
Ashley Stewart, Lane Bryant, Avenue, Torid, Asos
K&G is great for the more dressy pieces
Dots: this store always has hidden jewels and has the best return policy
Simply Fashions: Not my favorite store for bottoms but they do have some great pieces
- A pair of colored Jeggings
- A cute Statement Tee
- A good Tennis Shoe
- A denim Button up
- Belts Belts Belts
- A knee length pencil skirt
- Good Shapewear
- A pair of black trousers
- A nice fall/winter coat
- Statement jewelry
- A Smile
Everyone can look like a million bucks no matter what the budget. One of my favorite things to do is to shop the salvatioin army. Vintage peices can always take an outfit from drab to fab. I could go on and on about what should be in your wardrobe and such but I think i’ll keep it short and sweet
Peace. Love, and Blessings to you all
Check out the new “blessed and Highly Fashionable” tee. Leave a comment letting me know what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next Month is my bday . I will give the exact date once I know what my schedule will be for that week but my bday is February 25h. For my bday i’m looking to do a giveaway which will include some of your favorite gospel artist new releases, some of my favorite products, and some handmade stuff so subscribe to the blog for email updates, follow us on twitter @bhighlyfash Like us on Facebook , and Check us out on Tumblr
Filed under appreciation, beauty, birthday, clothing, EYES, fashion, first lady, GIVEAWAY, gospel, hair, mary mary, Singer, something, Style, Uncategorized, weave
I know it’s winter and it’s cold outside and depending on where you are there may even be snow. That doesn’t mean you cant get a head start on your summer wardrobe shopping. I can just about guarantee you that any store you go into will have some summer clothes and shoes on sale. many people wait til it starts to get warm before they even think about summer shopping. Think about it like this Why wait til april and pay $15-$25 for a top when you can buy off season and pay anywhere from $2.50-$10.00 for the same top. Just something to think about. Stores like Dots and Forever 21 have some of the best holiday and New Years sales that include there clearance items. Just some food for thought.
Vogue is now allowing people to take a survey to become a vogue influencer. This program allows it members to receive samples and try new products many times before they come out FREE! Now how often do you see anything for free. Now when people are blogging about their free items they’re getting (like my brahmin bag or my oscar de la renta perfume) Don’t say I didn’t tell you to sign up.
CHECK IT OUT NOW, IT’S SOOOOOOO WORTH IT
(better link coming soon, Sorry for the delay)
So if you were as unlucky as I was you weren’t able to go to chicago for Kierra Sheards live recording Featuring BRL. Lucky for us social network sites like twitter are able to keep people with real time stats of whats going on.
So lets start with what she wore:
JESUS!!!! I need her jacket in my life ASAP. For the recording Kierra Wore all black consisting of black boots, black pants, a black shirt and A black jacket with Bold Shoulders and rhinetone Star detailing (I need this jacket in my life). Brl did black tops or jackets with shoulder embleshments. The men of Brl did all Black with Blue ties.
I must be honest. I was scared about what she was going to wear. While I love her music, Her fashion tends to be a miss a lot of times for me. This time i am Very pleased with what I saw. Very simple but very bold at the same time. I would have loved to see her with a statement necklace but either way I give the fashion fot the night an A. Seeing that I wasn’t able to attend the festivities. The fashion is the only thing I can really comment on. So, Did you go? if so how was it? will, you be buying the album? What was your favorite part of the recording?
Pictures courtesy of inspiration 1390. Click the link for more photos from this sold out event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leave your comments below!!!!!!!
P.S. Shout out to Kierra for getting up for class the very next day!!!!!!
Filed under beauty, Chic, clothing, college, fashion, gospel, jewelry, kierra sheard, kierra sheard, music, review, school, Singer, studio, Style, stylist, Uncategorized
So, Did you enjoy the grammy’s. Did your favorites come out on top.
Here are a list of the winners in the Gospel Categories
Traditional Gospel Album:
Downtown Church-Patty Griffin
Best Gospel Performance
Grace – BeBe & CeCe Winans
Best Gospel Song
It’s What I Do – Jerry Peters & Kirk Whalum
Best Rock or Rap Gospel Album
Hello Hurricane – Switchfoot
Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album
Love God. Love People. – Israel Houghton
For a complete list of winners, check out the Grammy Website.
I’m really disappointed that the only gospel representation as far as performances was Yolanda Adams singing during the Aretha Franklin Tribute. My question with that is why wasn’t Karen Clark Sheard Performing during the tribute. Everyone knows she loves aretha and aretha loves her. I can almost gurantee you if they would have asked her to sing she would have done it. Well, What are your thoughts on the grammy’s. Personally, I think this was a good one .
Again, gospel needs to do better with the wardrobe.
OK, So Yolanda Adams looks great. And while I am a fan of everyone pictured I must say i’m not seeing anything greater than a C- in the Fashion department. I understand not everyone has a stylist but I know for sure that you could get one of for no other show, the grammy’s. I would love to see a gospel artist on the best dressed list but i’m not holding my breath.
Filed under beauty, church, clothing, CREATIVE, designer, fashion, first lady, gospel, hair, jewelry, lipstick, makeup, music, Singer, Style, stylist, Uncategorized
On Jan 11, 2009 BET introduced 106 and gospel. A gospel version of the networks hit show 106 and park. Also using the working title “Generation Gospel”, the show was hosted by Jor’el Quinn of 21:03 and Angel Taylor from Trinitee 5:7.
The Shows format was the same as it’s predecessors. Top ten videos voted on by viewers, Flashback joint of the day, and celebrity guest. The only difference was that Generation Gospel was only shown for 1 hour instead of 2.
Along with its regular format there were segments like
- “KiKi’s Corner”: Each week she would pick a topic or a subject emailed by a viewer and discuss it on the show giving her opinion.
- Tye’s Tidbits: Tye Tribbett would talk about upcoming events in the gospel community as well as new and soon to be releases.
- Gospel Choir Battle: 2 Gospel Choirs would battle it out to be the house choir for the following episode.
This could have been a great success but there were some things that needed changing.
- The Host: Don’t get me wrong I love Angel Taylor. I think she is a great singer and a beautiful person. But on the show she just seemed so nervous and boring. What I would have done is had Jo’rel and Kiki host while Angel take the viewers question segment. I just think that Jo’rel needed a co-host that could match his energy level
- The time slot: BET know they are wrong for having the show come on at noon. The one time that I will say 95% of churches are in service. Unless you are seventh day adventist, you had to catch the re-runs.
- Not Enough Gospel Videos: One thing I have noticed that they’re aren’t that many gospel artist doing actual video’s. I don’t mean the ones that tape all their live shows, but actual videos with a treatment, concept and everything. Atleast not that you hear of.
If it were up to me I would bring the show back with a few changes
- It would not be tied to 106 and park but keep the title Generation gospel
- Make it a talk show that has a “Video of the week segment”
- It would air at 4pm Sunday afternoon and re-air Sunday night at 10pm
This way you have a show that has a lasting chance of getting ratings and regular viewers!!!!!!
How would you Feel if BET Brought the show back with this format? Leave your comments below!!!!!!!!