On February 25th I turned 29 which means i’m currently in my last year of being in my 20’s. to say most of my 20’s have been a struggle would be an understatement. This time in my life has been a total emotional roller-coaster. I’ve been taken advantage of, placed in dangerous situations, fired, told I was incompetent, lied to by the people you last expect to lie to you, “manipulated”, and so many other bad things I wont mention. I’ve also, graduated college, fell in Love, met some other family members, progressed in my work life, done makeup that ended up in Essence Magazine, made a great friend, met other great people, and grew as a person. I had the most random thought on my birthday. While I am not someone who makes excuses for myself I will say that there are many things I let fear keep my from doing……
Which is why this is my
30 Before 30
- Record: Even if it’s just 2 or 3 songs. This is one of those things I just feel like I have to do.
- Lose Weight: Specifically I want to lose 100 lbs. I’ve lost weight before but never kept it off and never that much.
- Take a Vacation: Like really go somewhere, stay in a nice hotel, and enjoy myself without worrying about bills or home life
- Be someone’s girlfriend: I love love, sometimes too much but to be honest I really haven’t had a serious, real, long term relationship since I was 21/22
- Re-do my entire wardrobe: After soo much weight loss of course i’ll have to get new clothes
- Do some public speaking: I’ve always thought my story was my ministry and if it will help someone else I don’t mind sharing
- Write a book: I have a few different ideas for a book. The book won’t be long but hopefully it will be a great read.
- Make New Friends: Over the years I’ve had different groups of friends but to be totally honest in my area I have 1 friend. All of my other friends are out of state. I also want a group of friends that are doing charity events and making the community better which I’ve never really had.
- Do some type of community service, charity event. I’ve been on the receiving end and I’ve always thought it was contribute in helping others
- Be Active in church: I never really had an issue with this until the past few years. When I was younger I did so much in church. The last time I volunteered to do anything in a church I saw some of the worst sides of people and I think it kind of made me back away a little.
- Attend a festival: preferably music or arts and craft
- Get back into speaking Spanish: I used to be really good with my Spanish but I haven’t used it in so long I orgot a lot of it
- Go MIA for a week: I just think it would do me some good if I could go away and not deal with anything in my normal life for a week.
- Learn how to cook a FULL meal from scratch: I’m a good cook but I want to truly be one of those people who can cook just about anything from scratch
- Buy myself something that cost more than what I usually spend on myself: If you read this blog regularly you know that i’m pretty cheap. I do believe though that when you work hard you should sometimes spoil yourself. DONE
- Buy a new car or a new home: Still on the fence about which to do first. DONE
- Do a BIG CHOP: my hair is not the healthiest so I may be doing this one sooner than later
- Explore my family history: There are so many secrets in my family that we really don’t have an honest answer as to what nationality we are or where we come from
- See a play on Broadway in New York: I love Plays
- Audition for a Broadway play in New York: even if I do horribly I’d really just love to experience it
- Read at least 1 chapter of every book in the bible
- De-Clutter: unknown fact about me-i’m a hoarder. i’m good at convincing myself i’m gonna use something I never end up using
- Do more DIY’s: Cause it’s fun
- Let Someone else do my hair: not sure about this one but we’ll see
- Actually Decorate/Paint my room: right now it’s this ugly off white shade that goes with NOTHING
- Start a book Collection: right now most of my small collection is bibles
- Save Money: Gotta plan for the future right 🙂
- Get back into Playing my violin
- Find some family members:Maybe Maybe not
- Throw myself a big DIRTY 30 Celebration
29 Is starting off okay I guess but I plan on making between now and February 25, 2016 the most amazing time ever.
What is/was on your 30 before 30 list. if you are 30+ what lessons have you learned.
Please share below!!
Peace, Love, and Blessings