So, I work at a clothing store and I see sooooooooo many women who don’t know how to dress for certain occasions. So I decided to give mt input on Whats appropriate and when.
Black Tie Affair
This is a formal even. No jeans, no gym shoes, no caps. LADIES, a dressy looking jumpsuit is not appropriate for this occasion. These events are for Tuxedo’s and Ball Gowns. Think Prom, The Grammy’s, The Oscars. It’s all about glam and sophistication.
Every church has their own set of standards and rules and this can very from covering yourself head to toe to wear what you want. I personally live by these simple rules:
- Nothing Form Fitting- Lets be honest, some of us are a little well in do and can be a distraction. As a body of Christ we should be mindful of this
- no low cut shirts- what more needs to be said
- no mini skirts, shorts, and the like- REALLY??
- GUYS-Please no sagging(just don’t sag anywhere, ever)
- For some churches showing your arms my be off limits
The moral of all that is to keep it Rated G.
I emphasized these two because these are the ones I get the most questions about. If you need any questions answered feel free to leave a comment below or Email me at LaJuneYevette@blessedandhighlyfashionable.com